JUNE 12,1971-JUNE 12,2007 Today is our 36th wedding anniversary. We had a simple family celebration over the week-end. We only do a special celebration every five years. Last year, we celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary, with a grand family cruise to the Hawaiian Islands. Due to popular request, I am sharing many photos from our big celebration. Many friends and family members haven't seen those photos. We took more than 1,000 digital photos. Picking the best 35 photos isn't easy. It's like a photo exhibition where the curator have to be selective.
LIMOUSINE PICK-UP This limo ride was the creative idea of my husband. He figured out that the cost of transporting nine people to L.A.X. and back home would be more expensive if we took the airport shuttle. He discovered that a limousine would be more luxurious and affordable at $250.00 for the whole family/round trip. And with no hassle. This long and black limousine picked us at our home in Valencia. We had an early flight at 8:15 a.m. so we were up at dawn around 5:00. Everybody.......SMILE! Every body's hearts were beating with high doses of adrenaline's as we left for our cruise to the Hawaiian Islands- one we couldn't possible get to -
via the family SUV. Soon, the limo whisked us off to a relaxing ride to L.A.X. A perfect beginning to our flight to Paradise. For our 35th wedding anniversary celebration we invited the entire family to come along, including the grand kids. Even though my husband and I have traveled the world in search of perfect paradise, we'd rather be in Hawaii than anywhere else. There are many beautiful paradises and places in the world, but there is no doubt that Hawaii is a special paradise for us. We have a deep attachment to the Hawaiian Islands. Hawaii is the background and scenes of many happy dramas and memories in our lives. It's my port of entry when I was a young immigrant to the United States. We honeymooned here. We spent many family vacations here. Celebrated our 25th anniversary. How could we not dream of revisiting the endless memories? Surely, this would be fun. So come along as we followed the echoes of our hearts.
HOW DO WE CELEBRATE AN ANNIVERSARY?
LET ME COUNT THE ARTISTIC WAYS?
1. SPLURGE ON A WEEK FAMILY CRUISE TO HAWAII. Its' more relaxing than planning the details of throwing a big party, that only last for five hours. When I am feeling uptight, I don't even even try to paint. But when I feel relaxed, creative juices flows quickly and easily.
2. SAIL WITH HAWAII'S EXPERT (NCL AMERICA). THIS COLORFUL CRUISE SHIP "PRIDE OF AMERICA" HAS A VIBRANT COLORS (RED, WHITE AND BLUE).
3. SAY "ALOHA" WITH COLORFUL LEIS. Before we entered the ship, the NCL staff showered us with fresh floral and shell leis. A symbol of Hawaiian hospitality and creativity.
17. RECONNECT TO OLD PLACES YOU'VE VACATIONED. The memories will jog your imagination and inspire you.
27. INDULGE ON A PRICEY PINA COLADA AND SHARE TOGETHER WHILE SOAKING ON THE SHIP'S HOT TUB. It's not FRUGAL but FUN.
28. FEAST YOUR WHOLE BEING NOT ONLY WITH BUFFETS ALSO WITH AWESOME VIEWS OF THE NAPALI COAST. This million dollar view is only accessible via cruise ship or huge boat.
32. ADD COLOR TO YOUR LIFE WITH AN AUTHENTIC LUAU AT THE PARADISE COVE. It's interesting to see all the artistic Hawaiian arts and crafts. The movements of the hands and swaying hips of the hula dancers are fascinating and colorful. You'll emerge like a vibrant Van Gogh painting.
My future competitors? No way!
34. SPLURGE AND CELEBRATE WITH A DELICIOUS FAREWWELL DINNER AT ROY'S RESTAURANT. It will leave you pennyless but the memories are.....PRICELESS.
35. ALOHA AND BEST WISHES TO ALL OUR FRIENDS AND FAMILIES WHO ARE ALSO CELEBRATING THEIR WEDDING ANNIVERSARIES THIS JUNE AND IN THE FUTURE. LET'S KEEP WORKING ON IT AND MAY YOUR MARRIAGE BE ALSO A MASTERPIECE. SEE YOU AGAIN IN PARADISE NEXT WEEK. MORE TO COME.