Monday, July 8, 2013

YELLOW YEARS - #1


"MODERN ART #1 - YELLOW,ORANGE AND OCHRES"

SIZE: 3 feet by 2 feet
MEDIUM: Oil On canvas
YEAR PAINTED: 1972
WHERE ABOUT? Donated


                                     Photo taken on my First Mother's Day 1984

FIRST MODERN ART- This colorful painting was my first modern oil painting created at Hidden Lake. I did this painting before my four babies were born. Since it's modern art, it's anything goes. This painting no longer exists. I didn't have any subject in mind. I did this painting with numerous colorful shapes to match the yellow and orange colors of our home decors. This was an experimental work w/ yellow color. 
 
"MODERN ART #1 - YELLOW, ORANGE AND OCHRES"


                              Photo taken on Mother’s Day w/ first baby (Rodney) and Rhod

Our house in Hidden Lake (San Fernando Valley) California became my art gallery as a young artist. Here, I had the freedom to express my taste, style and personality. When I was younger, I like modern art. Loved the works of Jose Joya, a famous Filipino contemporary artist. He was one of my art professors at the U.P. School of Fine Arts. I also liked Jackson Pollack, an American modern artist.

I created this huge painting specifically for one of our walls in the living room. I wanted to see and enjoy this painting everyday on my way to the kitchen and family room. I'd like my friends to enjoy it too while visiting our home.

Yellow is a cheerful and sunny color. Also an attention getter. It is considered an optimistic color. Yellow symbolizes hope and motivation. It can be overpowering if overused. But yellow enhances concentration, hence its use for legal pads.  Knowing about color meaning would help us understand other people better.

No comments: