Friday, July 5, 2013

EARLY MODERN PAINTING #3

“Modern paintings are like women, you'll never enjoy them if you try to understand them.” - Freddie Mercury

 
 
TITLE:  "A PRELUDE TO HOMELAND ART"
SIZE: 2 feet x 3 feet
MEDIUM: Oil On Canvas
GIFT: To Mr. and Mrs. Gasat Belo (Seatlle, Washington)

I believe this was the next painting I did after the "Serenade." I didn't remember it because I have NO photo. During my early artists days, I didn't document my oil paintings. I didn' know that I will be very interested in creating oil paintings later in life. I realized that I should have documented my oil paintings from the beginning. I regretted that I didn't even photograph my student oil paintings. When my parents immigrated to the United States, they gave my oil paintings away. I have no idea who owned them now. Today, it will be good to see the transformation of my style, design and color.

Last August 2009, my husband I revisited the house of my eldest sister in Seattle, Washington. It was like a HAPPY reunion w/ my old oil paintings. I was surprised that my sister and hubby loved my paintings and proudly displayed them in their lovely home. How nice to see an old art works. I smiled nicely, as I looked at this old "BABY" ( my other name for my paintings). Haven't seen this particular painting in years. I discovered this old painting in one of the guest rooms. Good to see an "old baby" that I haven't seen in many years.

I remember that this was a prelude painting to my now famous "Reflections From My Homeland #1" oil painting. Happy to know that it survived the years at the beautiful home of the Belos.

No comments: