Thursday, July 4, 2013

"REFLECTIONS FROM MY HOMELAND"- SERIES#4

"The first virtue of a painting is that is to be a FEAST for the eyes." -Eugene Delacroix



TITLE: "REFLECTIONS FROM MY HOMELAND#4"
SIZE: 3 1/2 feet by 6 feet
MEDIUM: Oil On Canvas
YEAR PAINTED:
1979
SOLD: TO LOIS AND GLENN CAMPAGNA ($100.00)

This is the largest of all my oil paintings. I painted this for my youngest sister Lois. When she and family moved to a bigger house w/ different theme and color, she gave it away. Her interior decorator said it didn’t compliment her décor. For a while, it made me felt bad but later the painting was inherited by my  only brother (Hector) and his wife (Marilyn). I was happy it remained w/ in the family circle. They loved it so much and displayed it proudly in their lovely living room in San Diego, California. This is a different version from my original homeland painting but have the same "fiesta" theme- folk dancing, harvesting, feasting and merry-making. This is the last of the series of my homeland oil paintings.

 
TITLE: "REFLECTIONS FROM MY HOMELAND #3
SIZE: 3 feet x 6 feet
MEDIUM: Oil On Canvas
YEAR PAINTED: 1975

SOLD TO: MR. AND MRS. FLOYD WILLIAMS ($100.00)

Sorry to say, that this Series #4 oil painting has no available photo. It is owned by Floyd  Williams. My cousin Raquel ordered this oil painting while they were living in Germany. I mailed the finished painting and canvas to them. I saw the oil painting when they moved back to the U.S. and lived in Lompoc, California. I regretted that  I didn't keep a record of the 3rd series.
 
This painting really traveled a long way. Presently, I live on the West Coast and this painting is now on the East Coast. I got in touch with my cousin and inquired what happened to the oil painting. I heard it is now in a storage. Part of the divorce settlement, her ex-husband Floyd owned the painting. She promised to find a photo for me. So stay tuned. SOMEDAY!

No comments: