Thursday, July 4, 2013

EARLY MODERN PAINTINGS #1

"The strangeness will wear off and I think we will discover the deeper meanings in modern art.”- Jackson Pollock (American  Abstract-expressionist Painter - (1912-1956)



"TITLE: MODERN ART IN GREEN, BLUE, YELLOW AND WHITE#1
SIZE: 48" x 36"
MEDIUM: OIL ON CANVAS
YEAR PAINTED: 1970
GIFT TO MR. AND MRS. GASAT BELO

Many years ago, My husband & I visited the house of my eldest sister in Seattle, Washington. She told me that her son Nathan inherited one of my old huge modern paintings. Actually I didn't remember the painting she was talking about.
 
Two months later, Nathan e-mailed a photo of the above painting now hanging in their living room. I smiled, to see an old painting of mine. It was like seeing an old friend. How could I not remember that I painted it? Anyway, I now remember that it was one of my experimental, modern oil painting during my early years as a artists here in Southern California. Truly happy to to see this painting again. I hope my nephew (Nathan) will continue to treasure it.

No comments: