Saturday, July 28, 2007

ART OF CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN - 1

"AS THE MIND CLEARS, THE EYES SEE MORE." - From Four Seasons Resort


ENRICHMENT AND INSPIRATION As an artist these are my main goals in taking a cruise or vacation. As I said before, I get my best ideas and inspiration for my painting while on a vacation. I get energized and inspired that I could hardly wait to get back to my easel and paintbrushes. Although painting is not my primary source of income, it's my passion. I feel fulfilled and happy, when I am painting or creating. On the other hand, if I don't travel, routine depletes me of my creative energy. So I need to travel to clear my mind and spirit of clutter, tension and routine. But most of all to enjoy a creative life.
CHARMING CARIBBEAN Last February of this year, my husband and I took a cruise to the Southern Caribbean. Although this was our third cruise to the Caribbean, indeed it was still an exciting trip. As you know, we are island addicts and never got bored visiting as many islands. Prior to our seven-day cruise aboard the Crown Princess we stayed in Puerto Rico, where we embarked on our cruise.
HYATT HACIENDA DEL MAR IN PUERTO RICO This is the vacation club where we stayed to re-energize our bodies and refocus our minds. It is true that as the mind clears, the eyes see more. Life is gracious and unhurried at this beachfront destination located on Puerto Rico's famed Dorado Beach. Hyatt Hacienda del Mar is the perfect place to call home away from home - on the water, surrounded by tropical splendor and steps away from a wealth of relaxing activities and amenities. Come and join us and see this place through the imaginative eyes and point of view of an artist.
H....................HOSPITABLE, HANDSOME, HAPPY, HEAVENLY
Y....................YUMMY
A....................ALIVE
T....................TANTALIZING
T....................THRILLING


D....................DAZZLING
O....................ORDINARY (NOT)
R....................RADIANT
A....................ALLURING
D....................DARLING
O....................OPULENT
HOSPITABLE Think outside the box. See and look at a vacation place beyond its number of stars. Being a Hospitable Host outshines even the finest -five -star hotels like Four Seasons and Ritz Carlton. Hospitality is subjective. Welcome to the Hyatt Vacation Club! Yes, this luxurious vacation club chain is very hospitable, friendly and not too formal. They go out of their way, to pamper their guests without being robbed of too many tips.



HANDSOME Of course my husband couldn't surpass the "handsomeness" of this Hyatt Vacation Club. As they said......"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." If you ask me what I think about this guy, I'd say..."Si! (YES!)..... he's handsome. He would be a good subject for a portrait painting.
HAPPY According to research the happiest people in the world are those who build sand castle. Where else do you build a sand castle but on a white sand beach? Then invite Michelangelo and Rodin in your imagination. Play and sculpt sand castle together for hours. I bet, you'll be the happiest people in the world. It's an artistic adventure worth your time.


HAPPILY and merrily pose beside a sand castle. If you can't own a real Castle, this is the next best thing to having one. Living in a castle is not a guarantee that you'll be happy. Building a simple sand castle will bring you more happiness, because you'll not be burdened with a huge mortgage payment. You'll have more time to enjoy a creative life.

HOSPITABLE RECEPTION...........and of course very attractive lounge. The receptionists have romantic tones and musical voices with Spanish accents. Most Puerto Rican's are bilingual. Part of the task of the arts is to overcome border (language barrier).
HEAVENLY VIEWS Having a heavenly time from our balcony. What is more inspiring to an artist than a heavenly views with countless swaying palm trees and azure ocean beyond. I don't know about you, but this is my idea of Paradise. I am itching to paint, but when on vacation, it's my break time.
HEAVENLY PANORAMA Am I DREAMING? NO!!!!!!! This is a living colorful paradise set in Hyatt Dorado Beach.

YUMMY Indulging and craving for Japanese Food? This is Paradise but we get hungry too. Time to feast our bodies. Let's have teppanyaki dinner at the Zen Garden Restaurant inside the resort. The food is so...... ......yum....yummy. The cooking show was entertaining and the service ...... so good.


ALIVE This place is sooooooo.....alive with beautiful and colorful tropical flowers. Think complimentary colors (red and green) with tint of yellow. Complimentary colors will make you feel alive. No wonder, while on vacation, everything look brighter, bolder, and more beautiful.

THRILLING Whoever designed this waterfall is a very talented person. What is more thrilling that hearing the sound of running water from this exquisitely man-made waterfall? In Japan, the running of water is a ceremony. Everybody would listen. The sound of the falling water would be almost overpoweringly thrilling. I think of how many people run water in the sinks every single day and never hear it. When was the last time you listened to water and looked at a waterfall? It's thrilling! If there's no waterfall around, open the faucet in your home and listen. Isn't that thrilling?
TANTALIZING Electronic engineers could design a powerful water-dam but only an ordinary landscape designer or architect could built a tantalizing and wonderful water-fall like this?
DAZZLING See........ a dazzling display of natural beauty - dancing blue-green ocean, swaying green palms, blue sky, and white waves. What a dazzling and colorful scenery for future landscape paintings!
ORDINARY? NO way! The countless native palm trees and fresh green coconuts look ordinary but not here in the Caribbean. When you see acres and acres of palm trees they look amazing in huge numbers. This island is surrounded with countless of extraordinary palm trees in all kinds of heights, sizes, shapes, colors, postures and perspectives. I can see great beauty and inspiration on palm trees. It's not an ordinary subject to paint. I have seen lots of good art works about the palm trees and they are inspiring and wonderful.

ORDINARY? Nope! The palm trees may look ordinary but I find the them fascinating subjects for my paintings. The palm trees have many slim and creative lines with angles that could be twisted anyway I like to paint them. I could paint the palm trees as colorful as the Caribbean, with many vibrant colors. This is the impressionists way of painting a palm tree. You paint it not as you see it but how you feel about it.
RADIANT On a clear day............you can see forever. What do you see when the mind is clear? Blue sky, turquoise ocean, azure waves, green palms, red hat, tropical red blouse, white sand, and radiant smile. Learn to see like an artist. Notice the colors around you and you'll have a radiant life bursting with creativity.
ALLURING What is more alluring to an artist than relaxing on a secluded and serene beach? At this time (February) it was less crowded. This kind of setting jump starts my creative juices and gives me many ideas for future paintings.
ASTONISHING! Would you believe that there is natural gigantic rock on the beach awaiting for us? This is really an astonishing beautiful Caribbean hideaway. This is a perfect place for seclusion. I crave this kind of seclusion to be able to focus on my painting. Wish I can take this rock back home to California but it's only a fantasy. Wake up Artist!
DARLING Yes, this Hyatt Vacation Club is a...... darling including the artist standing before you.Oh my darling! Oh my darling......Ebb Tide! What will we do without artists in this world? It will be a dull world, huh?
OPULENT Yes, this vacation club has 3 huge swimming pools and two huge Jacuzzis. We preferred this secluded Jacuzzi with covered patio. A tired artist and a stressed-out husband needed all the pampering and relaxation from this kind of paradise before embarking on a cruise and then going back to reality. After four days in paradise, our minds are cleared and our eyes are ready to see more of the beauty of the Caribbean.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

woowwww carribean...

thanks for sharing you photos... hope when i get married, my relationship with my partner will be same as yours... how sweet... :)

Ebb Tide said...

Thanks again for dropping by. Good luck on finding your life partner.

Anonymous said...

I am not a real angel, although my name is Angel, short for Angelina. I always like to whisper angelic words. I admire your blog especially the wonderful photos. My kind of "thing." I know that photos speak thousand words. A blog without photos is very boring. Keep up the good work.

Ebb Tide said...

Hi Angel! Welcome to my blog! Thank you for your angelic whisper and encouragement. We can't always be in paradise and have to go back to reality. Your angelic whisper and encouragement made me feel so good. Thanks for a very positive comment.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your trip to the So. Caribbean and teaching me how to see the world through the eyes of an artist. It's true that when our minds are clear we see the world brighter, bolder, and more beautiful.

Ebb Tide said...

Thank you for your beautiful comment. There's too many negativity in our world today. If we learn to look at our world with an artistic eyes , even if we are not in the Caribbean, our world will be brighter, bolder, happier and more beautiful. Believe me.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I am a new viewer and an admirer of your art blog. I loved the beautiful photos. It's amusing to know that I can play and sculpt with Michaelangelo and Rodin in my imagination. What an interesting playmates! I have never been in the copmpany of artists and sculptors before.Thanks for your art blog.

Mari said...

I know you enjoyed your cruise, as your pictures spoke a thousand words about it. Need I say more?

I was here last night but was too sleepy to post a comment...actually, I always come here...never missed any of your postings.

Ebb Tide said...

Welcome to my blog! Thanks for your wonderful comment. You know, artists and sculptors are interesting people though many times they are typecast in movies as "weird" people. I can't assure you that I am an interesting artists, but if you keep on reading my blog, I am not boring either.

Ebb Tide said...

Hi Mari! Thanks for being one of my faithful viewers.

Anonymous said...

I am a Pinoy and proud of the palm trees. Thanks for writing and making the "coconut tree" as we call them here in Pinas, an extra-ordinary subject for paintings. I now have a good point of view of the coconut tree.

Ebb Tide said...

Thanks (salamat) Pinoy for your first visit. I am happy that you saw the beauty of coconut trees. If you see acres and acres of them, you'll be surely be delighted. They are all different and very graceful while they sway.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this to me.

Anonymous said...

The beautiful view and surroundings at the Hyatt resort
give an artist such as you more inspiration for future paintings. Thanks for sharing your experiences and pictures. I really enjoyed reading and viewing the blog.

Your sister,
Julie (from the Art of Caring blog)

Learning Team said...

I like what you said "It is true that as the mind clears, the eyes see more." I could not agree more ...for me I go for a walk when things get tough so I could clear my mind, the fresh air makes a big difference.

Great photos, it looks like you have a great time....

God Bless...

Ebb Tide said...

Julie, thanks for your wonderful comment. I am glad you continue to enjoy viewing it.

Ebb Tide said...

Hi Mm! Thanks for visiting again. Of course taking a trip is not always possible. In real life, I take a walk daily in our paseo (walkways) to clear my mind and pray at the same time.its very relaxing too. Soon I get my creative juice flowing.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed viewing your blog and learned something new. Blue is my favorite color. I didn't know blue has many other sophisticated names such as sapphire, indigo, aqua, azure, turquoise & etc.

Ebb Tide said...

Thanks anonymous. It's interesting to know that blue is favorite color by many, especially men. Others go to the extreme and named their children with color they like most. How about calling your child "Sapphire." Sounds good.

Anonymous said...

I reviewed your blog, and just love how colorful it is. I think the bright colors you use cheer a person up. I enjoyed reading all the information as well.

Ebb Tide said...

Jeanette, thanks for dropping a wonderful comment. Your feedback is always appreciated.

Anonymous said...

After reading your blog, I listened to the running water from my sink. I always take the sound of the water for granted. I didn't realize this daily sound can be as thrilling as listening to a waterfall. Thanks for making the ordinary sounds extra-ordinary.

Ebb Tide said...

Hi anonymous! What an interesting comment! Good, you catch my point. Sometimes, life is a drag and we hardly notice what's going on around us. If you nurture your sensitivity to our world, it will help you develop an artistic insight.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing such a special experience. Loved the sandcastles.

Ebb Tide said...

To the Artist! Thanks for dropping by. Whenever, I had the chance, I loved to make sandcastles. I forgot my problems and surely I felt happy too.