Monday, July 13, 2009

ARTISTIC ADVENTURE

"Happiness is life served up with a scoop of acceptance, a topping of tolerance and sprinkles of hope, although chocolate sprinkles also work."- Robert Brault

I had been away from my paintbrushes and oils for a while. It's good to take a break from painting. Change of scene re-energized me. So many things demanded my attention this summer. I am back babysitting my grandchildren. Then I was also busy shopping for our recent trip. Then planning my stuffs for a lightweight trip. Not easy to do but it took planning and lots of color coordination w/ my clothes, purses, shoes, hats, etc. I like to travel in style.
Traveling is one of my favorite things to do. When I got home from our trip/cruise with Queen Mary 2 last week, the first thing I did was weigh myself. After all the fine dinning and good food on board the cruise ship, who wouldn't gain pounds. I sure did!!!
Before my husband & I go on a cruise, we make it a point to diet a month before. Unfortunately the weeks prior to our trip, there were many unavoidable special events and celebrations like Memorial week-end, wedding anniversary, Philippine Independence Day celebration, graduation dinner, funeral receptions, Father's Day, etc. Thank God, I returned home with only two pounds added.
Our trip started from New York City. We were there for 3 days and then embarked on the Queen Mary 2 for the 4th-of-July-get-away-cruise to New England. During our trip, we stayed at Grand Hyatt New York. Nearby is the Grand Central Station. We walked there the night of our arrival, but next day we came back because we wanted to explore and take more photos. Ebb at the entrance to the Grand Central Market. The Market is very colorful. They have many kinds of organic produce, fruits and flowers. "Some people like to paint pictures, or do gardening, or build a a boat in the basement. Other people get a tremendous pleasure out of the kitchen, because cooking is just as creative and imaginative an activity as drawing, or wood carving, or music."- Julia ChildThere are many beautifully and artistically created delicious desserts. Yum! Yum! "Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first." -Ernestine Ulmer A closer view of the tempting strawberry cheese cake. "Talking of Pleasure, this moment I was writing with one hand, and with the other holding to my mouth a nectarine-----how good how fine. It went down all pulpy, slushy, oozy. All its delicious enbonpoint. Melted down my throat like a large beatified STRAWBERRY." - John Keats (1795-1821)."Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread and pumpkin pie." Jim Davis.
Food for thought: "Stressed spelled backwards is desserts. Coincidence? I think not!" - Author Unknown

21 comments:

Grammy said...

How beautiful. I think I gained 3 pounds just looking at the wonderful cakes. I would want to try them all. I am so glad you had a wonderful trip.

Ebb Tide said...

Grammy-thanks for your visit. Yes, just looking will add imaginary pounds. To be happy we have to try them all, right?

Aspiring Artist said...

Deliciously and artistically looking post! You whet my appetites for desserts.

Ebb Tide said...

AA- Yes, very delicious to look at and slso to paint. Will paint these delicious desserts in the future.

Ligaya said...

This is truly an artistic adventure w/ food. Next time, I go on a trip I will look at many food displays.

Ebb Tide said...

Ligaya- Every time I travel, I try to feast on things not only for the soul but for the body. Looking at food displays are good enough w/out putting on a lot of weight.

Carver said...

Sounds like a great trip. I would have gained a ton with all those temptations.

Ebb Tide said...

Carver-Yes, tons of pounds are waiting there but disciplining our appetites should be the priority.

SandyCarlson said...

I like your outlook on things. I also like the look of those cakes.

Ebb Tide said...

sAndy- Thanks for liking my outlook in things.

Angel said...

Gee! These are not angelic desserts but devils's own. But they surely are very tempting to eat. God bless those pounds.

Ebb Tide said...

Angel- Like all tempting stuffs they always look good.

Rhoda said...

Very tempting dessets!

Ebb Tide said...

Rhoda- Yes, Oo, si, and amen to that.

Claudia said...

Aloha & Thanks for your visit to my blog Comfort Spiral. I love your red rocks too.

Ebb Tide said...

Claudia- Aloha too & thanks for the palm.

irish daisies said...

oh wow so many yummies there. oh i would love to baby sit my grandchidren..if only we had some! its nice to take a break and get a clear head. its amazing what can pop into your head when its clearer :) 2 pounds is really good after seeing all thoese goodies! you look wonderful!

Ebb Tide said...

irish daisies-Thanks for your visit. Yes, vacation can clear our head and makes us vulnerable to yummmy desserts.

Lloyd Irving Bradbury said...

Fri afternoon anoyjher operation Sugar low tonight am eating my favorite dnickers bar,

Lloyd Irving Bradbury said...

ome day
fly away
place to stat
milky wat

Ebb Tide said...

Lloyd-thanks for dropping by. Well, that's okay to indulge in your snicker bar when blood sugar is low.