Wednesday, July 10, 2013

YELLOW YEARS - MODERN ART #3

 
WELCOME HOME!
How sweet to hear those soothing words after a long journey away from home. More and more I find myself turning inward to our home as true haven on earth.
 
Most of us spent the largest portion of our lives at home. For 10 years, I became a full-time mom to our four kids. I gave up my art job and truly enjoyed staying home. I found those long years, creative and very fulfilling. I believed its in our homes that we could become more truly ourselves. I paid attention not only to nourishing the physical, spiritual but artistic growth of our young kids and my husband.
 
Our home decors and paintings were selected and created to make our home into something uniquely our own. As an extremely busy mom, I had to be creative and resourceful in using my time to maximize my artistic gift. While our children were growing up, my mind was filled w/ endless wonderful ideas and art projects. After an exhausting day of child care, the only time I felt I still had energy left, was when I was painting or doing something creative.  Here were some wall paintings I created for our children's room.
 
 
JOY'S ROOM: Her room was wall papered w/ yellow butterflies. I painted and extended the butterfly designs, like they were fluttering out of the wallpaper.
 
 
JOY'S ROOM: I also designed this flower mural for the closet sliding doors. I added some round mirrors on the flowers and some butterflies too.
 
RODNEY AND RYAN'S ROOM:  I  designed and painted this wall mural for Rodney and Ryan's bedroom. Later we bought a bunk bed. They shared this room w/ Robin. This room became the hide out for our three musketeers.
 
" Decorate your home. It gives the illusion that your life is more interesting than it really is." - Charles M. Schulz

No comments: